Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Something a little different...

Let me start with this...I am NOT depressed. I am NOT mental. I am aware that today's shoot is quite a bit different from my usual work...

With that out of the way...So...I shot a graveyard today. I know...but this graveyard has intrigued me for as long as I've driven by it which is 12 years, give or take. I've ALWAYS wanted to stop and shoot but never have. I was really hoping for some fog but no luck. Maybe in another 12 years, huh?



Click the link below for more info on this spot and the rest of the pictures.

I think this place has always caught my eye because of its state of disrepair. It's as if it's decaying right along with the guests underground, sharing in the experience...feeling their pain, as it were. It's locked up tight and accessible with special permission only, according to the numerous signs posted by the city of Marysville...



 

Such an interesting place. As usual, I'm not happy with these shots  (I'm tempted to delete the whole lot) and want to shoot it again...next time from the inside. 

3 comments:

  1. I actually really like the last shot. If you like the mosoleums (sp?), there's a ton at East Lawn in Sacramento... In fact William Land's is located there and is absolutely beautiful. It's very green, with tons of trees... they take good care of the place.

    But again, the last shot... nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok this will only SOUND weird, but I dig old or interesting graveyards. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are some of my most favorite pictures ever Lyle... Please don't delete them. I look forward to more, and I hope some day you get your fog.

    ReplyDelete